After the warm up drills in English, here’ s another round of multiple choice items to keep you going in your review for LET.
1. Wise people can _________ with frustrations.
A. cope up
B. cope on
C. cope in
2. My grandpa had some “lucid moments” before he died. He was ____________.
A. thinking clearly
3. The measure of choosing well is whether or not a man likes what he __________.
A. has chosen
B. is choosing
4. All except this one word sounds like the “wh” in “when”?
5. Which does not belong?
6. I saw a nasty _______ between two cars this morning.
7. What correction should be made to this sentence?
Most fire-related death’s result from household fires, yet many people do not have fire extinguishers in their homes.
A. Remove the comma after fires
B. Change result to results
C. Change have to has
D. Replace death’s with deaths
8. Which passage is expressed effectively and without structural error/s?
A. Having called the other students and they, the secretary went home.
B. Having called the other students and ourselves the secretary went home.
C. Having called the other students and we, the secretary went home.
D. Having called the other students and us, the secretary went home.
9. ________ not making the most of _____ opportunities.
A. You’re – you’re
B. You – your
C. You’re – your
D. You’re – you
10. The seatwork is difficult for Alfonso and _____
Answers to yesterday’s (July 1) drills: