For Math majors, this should be easy. Glenn compiled these for you.
1. How many ways can you rearrange the letters of the word wizards if the consonants should be arranged alphabetically but not necessarily together?
2. If sin x = 3/5 and x is in Q2, find the value of sin 3x
3. What is the maximum possible number of regions of the circle formed by 6 intersecting lines in a circle?
4. Factor: 4x^8 – 37x^4y^6 + 9y^12
5. 12 kgms of rice can be consumed by 4 persons in 2 days. At the start, there are 20 kgms of rice and 4 persons. After 1 day, 2 persons leave, how many more days will the remaining kgms or rice last?
Answers to September 17 drills:
2. (x^2 + 2 + 2x)(x^2 + 2 – 2x)
3. y is not equal to -2/3
4. 15 + 5sqrt3 cm
5. 6 and 28