It’s 17 sleeps to go before the LET but it’s not too early to prepare for other requirements for the day, aside from a well exercised mind full of education-related and LET-relevant knowledge, a happy and hopeful heart, a fighting spirit.
PRC requires that examinees bring the following to their testing sites:
1. Notice of Admission. The small piece of paper torn out of your application form. Contains your LET application number which you need to write on your exam documents)
2. PRC Official Receipt
3. Two or more sharpened Mongol No. 2 pencils. Though I’ve seen other examinees during my LET day using technical and other branded pencils, I suggest you bring the prescribed brand. Who knows if Mongol No. 2 has been the proven brand and model of LET topnotchers and passers in the past?)
4. Ballpens with BLACK ink only (You’ll need this to write your personal data and “nondisclosure” oath.)
5. One piece meter-stamped window envelope (Any envelope from the bookstore or grocery would do but just to play it safe, bring the envelope you bought with the PRC return address stamp on the upper left-hand side)
6. One piece long brown envelope (For you to keep your answer sheets during LET. Use your black ballpen to write your name on the envelope)
7. One piece long transparent, non-colored plastic envelope (You’ll need this to keep your precious things with you inside your exam room while your bag is out of the room.)
8. Calculator (to facilitate Math computations. Get any of the PRC prescribed models preferably one which can show displays or fractions, percent and can do the short cut for computing quadratic equations)
Together with the above items, prepare your attire for LET. If possible, try on your white polo or blouse or t-shirt before LET day. Make sure that it is comfortable to wear for one whole day: not too tight nor too loose; neither made of synthetic material (which will make you perspire if you get assigned to a non airconditioned room) nor flimsy cotton (which may make you or your seatmate shiver in a cold room). PRC doesn’t require any particular type of bottoms so ladies may wear slacks or skirts and gentlemen slacks (not shorts please). Wear comfortable footwear (no slippers if possible).
If you have poor eyesight, make sure you have spare glasses or contact lenses on hand. And, it you are taking medications for general well-being, take them with you.
Did I forget any item/s that you still need to bring on LET day? What is it?
Till next post!
(a plug: MindGym LET reviewees taking the mock LET tomorrow, remember to bring all of the above. Sleep early. Pray. See you)