You are lucky if you are assigned Values Education for a LET specialization. To date, MindGym has four (4) Values Education LETers’ who made it to the Top Ten in the past LET: Ma. Adeinev Reyes, Sheryl Raquipiso, and very recently Wilson Espiritu, and Patricia Caguin-del Rosario.
These topnotchers and majority of Values Education reviewees informed us that the specialization part of their LET was relatively easy compared to GenEd and ProfEd. Try the following drills and see for yourself.
1. What best describes values in this statement: “One’s values are shaped by significant persons who model these values”?
2. Which of the following could BEST sustain values development within the school setting?
A. Highly qualified teachers in values education
B. Consistency and actual manifestation of values among students and school personnel
C. Provision of opportunities and activities for values learning among students
D. Relevant curriculum in Values Education
3. Which of the following is the MOST controversial of all mass media as a source of values?
A. Print, because tabloids sensationalize reports too much.
B. Television, because most people have access to it.
C. Radio, because broadcasters cheat listeners of their physical appearance.
D. Internet, because there is no control of materials destructive of values.
4. Which of the following situations could the true essence of nationalism be reinforced among the learners using the inculcation approach?
A. Telling the students to speak in Filipino at all times regardless of the situation
B. Promoting the use of locally made products to help the Philippine economy
C. Mobilizing the learners to join rallies of national concerns
D. Providing moral dilemma situations on the issue of going abroad as the OFWs
5. Ms. Villar wants to give a test that would measure her student’s acquisition of the value of cleanliness, but she prefers a test that she can easily construct, score and interpret. What test should she choose?
A. Ranking test
B. Thurstone Scale
C. Rating Scale
D. Projective test
Answers to DAY 19’s LET questions for TLE specialization:
1. C. depth
2. C. Cash flow statement
3. D. Allen wrench
4. A. the different courses one at a time.
5. D. Butt