It pays to start reviewing early for the LET (Licensure Examinations for Teachers) to be held on 11 March 2011. Here are some items on Social Studies to start with. We heard that in the September 2011 LET, there were much more test items in Social Studies than in nay other subject covered n GenEd. Answer the following five (5) items and check your answers within 24 hours from the posting of this drill set.
1. Which countries pursue sovereignty claims to the Spratly Islands as a whole and not to specific parts alone?
A. Philippines, Brunei, Malaysia
B. China, Vietnam, Taiwan
C. Philippines, Vietnam, China
D. Taiwan, Malaysia, China
2. World: Nile River; Philippines: _____
A. Agno River
B. Cagayan River
C. Rio Grande de Pampanga
D. Rio Grande de Mindanao
3. Who is considered the founder of Philippine socialism?
A. Isabelo de los Reyes
B. Andres Bonifacio
C. Emilio Jacinto
D. Apolinario Mabini
4. Which of the following demonstrates ethnocentric behavior?
A. A United Nations volunteer participates in literacy programs in Mindanao
B. A student tutors an immigrant in English
C. A Hispanic community group demands that public forms also be published in Spanish
D. A tourist lectures his foreign hosts on the “uncivilized” nature of their marriage customs
5. Which characteristic applies to the kind of government during the Spanish period?
C. Highly centralized
D. Between democratic and socialist
Expect more drills to be shared with you within the coming days.
Have you began reviewing? It’s 102 days before the LET.