“Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning.” —Winston Churchill
It’s graduation and vacation time once again. MindGym’s landlines and cellphones have been very busy to entertain inquirers about the LET on September 2013. Education graduates excited to take and pass the LET this September as well as teachers who just began their school break (and plan to review this summer), make your first step now before the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) office gets jam-packed with last minute applicants for LET. Are you ready for your Licensure Examination for Teachers Application?
First Steps to Do
When applying for the LET, an overnight preparation won’t do. There are two vital documents which you have to obtain from two institutions, normally requiring advance application and processing for at least two weeks. These are your Birth Certificate from the National Statistics Office and your Transcript of Records from the University where you graduated.
A list of PRC requirements follows. Make sure you have all of these requirements at hand before you head out for your Licensure Examination for Teachers application.
- Original and photocopies of Transcript of Records with Special Order and Date of Graduation, with scanned pictures and with remarks “FOR BOARD EXAMINATION PURPOSES ONLY”. Graduates of government schools and institutions/programs accredited by recognized accredited agencies under the FAAP are exempted from SO. Graduates of New Schools/Degree Programs must submit School Recognition and/or Permit to Operate.
- Original and photocopy of NSO-issued Birth Certificate (if NSO copy is not clear, bring copy from the Local Civil Registrar)
- For married females, original and photocopies of NSO-issued Marriage Contract (if NSO copy is not clear, bring copy from Local Civil Registrar)
- Two (2) passport-size colored pictures with white background and complete name tag
- Current Community Tax Certificate (Cedula)
- Other specific requirements as required by the Commission or the Professional Regulatory Board.
Revised deadline of filing of application for LET September 2013 (source):
→ First-timers: Deadline is moved from June 28, 2013 to July 12, 2013
→ Repeaters: Deadline is moved from June 7, 2013 to June 21, 2013
How to Apply Online for Licensure Examination for Teachers
LET applicants this 2013 are luckier than I was when I took the LET in September 2008. The PRC has caught up with computer technology and now has an online application process. Though at it’s nascent stage, it remains a progressive move to streamline its frontline services.
The online process is computerized only as far as the accomplishing of downloadable forms. Download the official LET Application Forms at this link.
The form looks like this:
Take note of PRC instructions and tips in accomplishing the forms and make sure to agree with Terms and Conditions provided. Accomplish the one-page application form by filling out all of the blank fields in the application form. Submission will not be successful until all required fields are properly accomplished.