- At a restaurant, Mike and his three friends decided to divide the bill evenly. If each person paid $13 then what was the total bill?
- Aliyah had $24 to spend on seven pencils. After buying them she had $10. How much did each pencil cost?
- Lisa is cooking muffins. The recipe calls for 7 cups of sugar. She has already put in 2 cups. How many more cups does she need to put in?
- 1) 7=2+X or 7-2=X
X = 5
- 2) 4(13)
X = 52
- 3) 24-10=7(x) or 24=7(x)+10
x = 2
Series of equation
- There are 13 animals in the barn. Some are chickens and some are pigs. There are 40 legs in all. How many of each animal are there?
- Kristin spent $131 on shirts. Fancy shirts cost $28 and plain shirts cost $15. If she bought a total of 7 then how many of each kind did she buy?
- In a duck and cow farm there are 25 animals. If there are 80 legs, how many ducks or cows are there?
- There are 7 pigs and 6 chickens
- 2 fancy shirts and 5 plain shirts
- There are 15 cows and 10 ducks
- Working alone, Ryan can dig a 10 ft by 10 ft hole in four hours. Castel can dig the same hole in six hours. How long would it take them if they worked together?
- Working alone, Carlos can oil the lanes in a bowling alley in five hours. Jenny can oil the same lanes in nine hours. If they worked together how long would it take them?
- It takes Trevor and Cody 6 hours to clean an attic. Cody can clean the same attic in nine hours. Find how long it would take Trevor if he worked alone.
- It would take them 2.4 hours
- 3 3/14 hours
- It would take Trevor 18 hours
- 9 years from now Sharon will be 18 years old. In 6 years, the sum of the ages of Sharon and Paul will be 71. How old is Paul right now?
- 15 years from now Peter will be twice as old as Miguel. The current sum of the ages of Peter and Miguel is 18. How old is Miguel right now?
- 6 years from now Peter will be 43 years old. In 13 years, the sum of the ages of Peter and Steven will be 87. How old is Steven right now?
- In three more years, Miguel’s grandfather will be six times as old as Miguel was last year. When Miguel’s present age is added to his grandfather’s present age, the total is 68. How old is each one now?
- Paul is 50 years old
- Miguel is 1 year old
- Steven is 24 years old
- Grandfather = 56
Miguel = 11
- A room whose area is 24 ft2 has a length that is 2 feet longer than the width. What are the dimensions of the room?
- Isabella is making a display board for the school elections. The display board is a 10 ft by 6 ft rectangle. What is the length of ribbon that she needs to make a border?
- A classroom has a length of 20 feet and a width of 30 feet. The headmaster decided that tiles will look good in that class. If each tile has a length of 24 inches and a width of 36 inches, how many tiles are needed to fill the classroom?
- Jasmine is making a display board for the school talent show. The display board is a 10 ft by 9 ft rectangle. If ribbon costs P2.00 per foot, how much will it cost to add a ribbon border around the entire display board? If special paper costs P4.00 per 2 ft sq. how much does she need to cover the whole board?
- The room is 4 X 6
- The ribbon should be 32 feet long
- You need 100 tiles
- She needs P76.00 for the ribbon and P180.00 for the paper
- How many kinds of goodie bags can you make with, 3 kinds of candies, 2 kinds of toys, 2 kinds of pencils and 3 kinds of sticker papers?
- How many kinds of meals can you get from 3 appetizers, 5 drinks, 2 desserts and 6 main courses.
- A bag contains 3 blue, 3 red and 1 green. What is the probability of getting a blue? A red? A blue or red? A green or red?
- How many different outfits can you form from: 3 shirts, 2 skirts, 2 pants, 1 pair of sandals and 2 pairs of rubber shoes?
- A box contains 5 red balls and 8 violet. A ball is removed and another is drawn What is the probability that the first ball is violet? The second ball is violet? Both balls are the same color?
- There are 36 kinds of goodie bags all in all
- 180 different meals all in all
- Getting a blue =3/7
Getting a red, =3/7
Getting a blue OR red =6/7
Getting a green OR red =4/7
- There are 36 different outfits to be formed
- First ball is violet =8/13
Second ball is violet =7/12
Both balls are the same color = 14/39
Challenge yourself with more LET sample test items!