“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” —Colin Powell
If you think you have much time at your hands to prepare for the next LET, then better watch out. This 2014, the Professional Regulatory Commission has moved the conduct of the LET from March or April in the previous years to January and July starting this 2014.
The deadlines for filing of applications for the 2014 LET are as follows:
January 26, 2014 – LET 2014
March 9, 2014 – Target release date of exam results
November 29, 2013 – Deadline of Applications for Repeaters
December 13, 2013 – Deadline of Applications for First-timers
When applying for the LET, an overnight preparation won’t do. There are two vital documents which you have to obtain from two institutions, normally requiring advance application and processing for at least two weeks:
- Birth Certificate from the National Statistics Office
- Transcript of Records from the University where you graduated
A list of PRC requirements follows. Make sure you have all of these requirements at hand before you head out for your Licensure Examination for Teachers application!
- Original and photocopies of Transcript of Records with Special Order and Date of Graduation, with scanned pictures and with remarks “FOR BOARD EXAMINATION PURPOSES ONLY”. Graduates of government schools and institutions/programs accredited by recognized accredited agencies under the FAAP are exempted from SO. Graduates of New Schools/Degree Programs must submit School Recognition and/or Permit to Operate.
- Original and photocopy of NSO-issued Birth Certificate (if NSO copy is not clear, bring copy from the Local Civil Registrar)
- For married females, original and photocopies of NSO-issued Marriage Contract (if NSO copy is not clear, bring copy from Local Civil Registrar)
- Two (2) passport-size colored pictures with white background and complete name tag
- Current Community Tax Certificate (Cedula)
- Other specific requirements as required by the Commission or the Professional Regulatory Board.
The PRC has made available and Online Application for Licensure Examination where applicants for licensure examinations may apply online, anytime and anywhere and take the licensure examination at the PRC testing centers indicated in their Application Forms.
For more information about the PRC Online Application System, you may contact the Application Division at tel. no. 3101027 Monday to Friday (8:00am to 5:00pm), except holidays. The PRC Central Office is located at P. Paredes St. cor. N. Reyes St., Sampaloc, Manila.
Here are the steps to accomplish the Online Application for Licensure Examination copied verbatim from the PRC website:
How to Apply for the Licensure Examination for Teachers
Before filling out your application form, please take time to read the following instructions and tips:
- Accomplish the one-page application form by filling out all of the blank fields in the application form. Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required. Submission will not be successful until all required fields are properly accomplished.TIPS:When the encoding is completed, click the Save button, and then OK. A notification message will appear on screen confirming that you have successfully submitted your application. A similar notification will be sent to your email (if you provided your email address).
- Use the scrollbar to select the desired option (ex. name of examination, date, place, etc.)
- Click the magnifier to search for specific information such as city/municipality, school name and degree/course. When the search result is shown, click on the desired information to select the same. Use simple keywords when searching (ex. to seach for Don Mariano Marcos State University-Bambang Campus, type “mariano” or “bambang”).
- Dates are entered in a specific format “mm/dd/yyyy” (ex. date of birth “01/30/1980”)
- For applicants without a middle name, just key in a period (.)
- For SPLBE applicants without Cedula, you may use your passport number.
- Proceed to the nearest PRC Office and present all the documentary requirements for assessment, payment of prescribed fees and issuance of Notice of Admission (NOA), BEFORE the deadline for application.
The second testing date for the 2014 LET will be on July 27, 2014 with PRC deadlines below:
September 14, 2014 – Target release date of exam results
May 30, 2014 – Deadline of Applications for Repeaters
June 13, 2014 – Deadline of Applications for First-timers
With the very tight schedule for the LET, considering the forthcoming Christmas season, make sure to complete your PRC application for the LET as soon as you already have your personal documents.
LET Review Options
To maximize the use of barely three months for LET preparation, join MindGym in our 18-day Intensive Coaching for the Licensure Examinations or our Online LET Review.
Deadline for enrollment for the live coaching which starts November 16, 2013 will be on October 30. For the Online LET Review, you may start as soon as 24 hours after you have paid for your online course.
If you plan to take the July 2014 LET, it’s not too early to start your LET preparations, especially if your want to guarantee 100% passing or to TOP the LET. Grab a copy of MindGym’s LETers’ Choice Warm Ups Book and prepare for the LET just the way our LET Topnotchers did during their batches.
Allow us to help you reach your LET dreams, just call (632) 437-5880 or text 0939-899-99889 (Smart) or 0927-8770800 (Globe) or 986-0944 (PLDT) for other concerns.